Infantino Sling Rider Baby Carrier ~ Baby Slings and Carriers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Infantino Sling Rider Baby Carrier

In my latest series of blog entries, I will be reviewing various baby slings and baby carriers. First we will discuss some low-cost designs found at your local Target or Walmart. They say that one negative review outweigh 5 good reviews. I’m not so sure this is true, but after doing some research on the Infantino Sling Rider Baby Carrier there are some serious flaws that simply cannot be ignored. First off that the bottom is too wide which allows the baby to easily roll on its side and suffocate. Additionally the strap easily covered the top of the sling when carried over the shoulder which could also lead to suffocation. Finally, the pouch where the baby lays closes once the baby is inside. One reviewer concluded she could not tell the difference between putting the baby in one of these or her purse. Another equated the experience to putting her baby in the bottom of a plastic bag.

Stay away at all costs! Cost? Around $30.00.


3 comments:

  1. There is a very detailed review of 'bag slings' here: http://babyslingsafety.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I'm always glad to see people posting the truth about this carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this sling and I didn't like it at all for a lot of the reasons you mentioned. I ended up using it when out and about breast feeding more for privacy than anything else. When I did use it I found myself holding our son in the carrier anyway.

    ReplyDelete